Saturday, August 3, 2013

To Market To Market- Las Vegas Furniture Market Four Hands




I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Las Vegas furniture market. Whenever I was inspired to create a display, I took a picture. So I thought that I would share a few from the first showroom we toured- Four Hands.


The front windows were super impressive. I loved the branches they used to almost create a canopy of the huge linen sofa. I also think it was interesting that they put moss on the wall as a backdrop to the mirror. Their theme seemed to be: bring the outdoors in. They always to an amazing job with lighting to add that extra element.

I have started to see the use of the malachite as a motif in homes. (Little Green notebook showed lots of gorgeous examples here), so I wanted to take note of this wallpaper- complete with creepy/vintage mermaid.

Another outside in picture- check out those floors! This vignette was raised with stone pavers and moss. Very messy, but so pretty!


Sometimes tapers can look super dated- I like how they melted some of the wax. Makes them look less perfect and more interesting.

Arrows- so trendy right now. But they are sculptural and I liked how they put them in the wall (I also loved Emily Henderson’s in a vaseon her mantle)

I’m still not sick of industrial lighting- I love the theatrics of it and how it is both a light and art.


Raingutter hanging planter? Genius. I even got a close up because I thought it would be fun to recreate. Would be pretty easy to DIY with cooper rain gutters, a drill, and long bolts.
I really liked the use of all of these little glass vases. It feels collected and interesting- makes a statement and would be very easy (and expensive!) to do.
At this market, I saw lots of vintage racquets being used as art. Maybe my parents have their old tennis racquets that I can steal for a display? Or a thrift shop?
So there you have it- and all in one shop!!! Beautiful furniture + great displays is perfection in my book! One of my favorite parts of market is all of this inspiration I get. I have a fun “back to school” display that I dreamed up during market that I can’t wait to share. Hint, hint, it includes book art!

No comments:

Post a Comment